1 packet x 200g udon
50g beef tenderloin (cut into strips)
5 pcs fresh shiitake mushroom (discard the stem and slice the caps)
½ cup homemade kimchi (chopped)
½ red chilli (seeded and shredded)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp cooking oil
½ tsp light soy sauce
½ tsp Chinese cooking wine
½ tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
½ tsp corn starch
1 tsp gochujang
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
Some black & white sesame seeds
- Marinate the beef strips with marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Bring some water to a boil. Add in udon noodles, loosen it, remove and drained.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in marinated beef, saute until no longer pink.
- Add in shiitake mushroom, saute until the mushroom turn soft.
- Add in chopped kimchi, saute until fragrant.
- Add in udon and seasonings. Constantly stirring until well combined.
- Add in shredded red chilli and chopped spring onion. Toss well.
- Dish out, garnish with toasted white & black sesame seeds. Serve.