50g fried fish maw (soaked in hot water until soften, rinse with cold water several times to remove the excessive oil, squeezed dried and cut into pieces)
120g cleaned sea cucumber (cut into pieces)
30g dried shiitake mushroom (soaked until soften, discard the stem)
30g fried pork tendons (soaked in hot water until soften, rinse with cold water several times to remove the excessive oil, drained and cut into half)
1 stalk leek (trimmed and slice diagonally)
½ carrot (cut into flower design)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1-inch young ginger (sliced)
2 shallot (chopped)
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 cups water
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp abalone sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
¼ tsp cooking caramel
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ tsp corn starch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the chopped garlic, shallot and young ginger until fragrant.
- Add in fish maw, sea cucumber, pork tendons and shiitake mushroom. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in carrot, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil, turn heat to medium high heat and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in leek, stir to combine.
- Thicken the sauce with corn starch solution.
- Dish out and serve.