450g homemade egg tofu (cut into 6 pieces)
30g dried scallop (rinsed and soaked in the water, leave in the fridge overnight, reserved the water and separate the dried scallops into shreds)
200g spinach (sectioned and place the stem and leaves separately)
1 tsp salt
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
1 cup water (water from soaking scallop top up with additional water)
2 tbsp abalone sauce
1 tsp concentrated chicken stock
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tsp light soy sauce
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the egg tofu until golden brown. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Bring some water to a boil. Add in salt. Quick blanch the spinach stem and leaves separately. Rinse with cold water and drained.
- Place the spinach into a ring on a serving platter.
- Add seasonings and water into a skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add in scallop shreds and simmer for a while.
- Thicken the sauce with corn starch solutions.
- Add in deep-fried egg tofu and braise for a while.
- Place braised tofu with dried scallop to the spinach. Serve.