816g beef short ribs (rinse several times in cold water to remove residual blood and bone fragments. Soak in cold water for 30 minutes)
280g white radish (cut into chunks)
60g dangmyeon (starch noodles) (soaked in water for 1 hour and drained)
2 stalk spring onion (sectioned the white part and slice diagonally on the green part for garnishing)
1 brown onion (cut into wedges)
6 cloves garlic (peeled)
1-inch young ginger (sliced)
2 ½ litres water
2 tbsp soy sauce for soup
½ tsp salt
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in beef short ribs and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the beef short ribs with cold water and drained.
- Add in water, beef short ribs, white radish, white part of spring onion, brown onion, garlic, young ginger, soy sauce for soup and ½ tsp of salt into a pot. Bring to a boil and turn heat to medium heat and continue to simmer for 1hour.
- Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for another hour.
- Turn off heat and remove the beef short ribs and white radish into a bowl.
- Discard the other vegetables, strain the soup and skim off fat.
- Place the soup, beef short ribs and white radish back into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in dangmyeon and chopped garlic and continue to simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Dish out to individual serving bowl, garnish with sliced spring onion. Serve.