20g chicken floss
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
100g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
20g icing sugar
60g all-purpose flour
60g corn starch
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tbsp full cream milk
2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, add in soften unsalted butter and icing sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add in all-purpose flour, corn starch, salt and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in chicken floss and toasted white sesame seeds. Stir to combine.
- Place cling wrap on a baking sheet. Place the dough on top. Cover with another piece of cling wrap. Pat into 1/3-inch thickness square. Use a rolling pin to smoothen the surface. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the fridge. Use a 1 ¾-inch square cookie cutter to cut the dough into shapes. Transfer the cut dough on a lined baking sheet with silicone baking mat with 2-inch spacing from each other. Repeat the process until the dough is used up. Yield 18 pieces.
- Use a pastry brush to apply egg wash on top of the cookies. Sprinkle with some black sesame seeds on the cookies.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until the cookies become slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.