2 cups homemade kimchi (bite sized pieces)
125g slice rice cake (soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained)
200g silken tofu (sliced)
100g fresh shiitake mushroom (discard the stem, slice the cap)
3 slices bacon (cut into bite-sized pieces)
4 hot dogs (slice diagonally)
½ cup baked beans
1 packet instant ramen
2 slices cheddar cheese
1 stalk spring onion (slice diagonally)
1 red chilli (seeded and shredded)
5g peeled anchovies
5g dried kelp
2 tbsp gochugaru (Korean hot pepper flakes)
1 tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
1 tsp soup soy sauce
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
- Anchovy broth:
- Add peeled anchovies, dried kelp and water into a pot. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the anchovies and kelp.
- Add seasonings ingredients into the anchovy broth and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Assemble the homemade kimchi, slice rice cake, silken tofu, fresh shiitake mushroom, bacon, hot dog, baked beans and instant ramen in a shallow pot.
- Add the anchovy broth with seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add the cheddar cheese, spring onion and shredded red chilli once the ramen have softened.
- Serve immediately.