130g egg whites
260g caster sugar
Some rose Pink food colouring
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, pour in caster sugar and spread evenly on the parchment paper.
- Bake at 200C for 5 minutes until the edges just begin to melt.
- Remove and set aside to cool completely.
- Add egg whites into a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer with whisk attachment to whisk until stiff peaks.
- Add one table spoon of sugar at a time, ensuring that the whites come back to stiff peaks after each addition. Once all the sugar is added, continue to whisk until when you rub the mixture between your fingers and not feel any grit from the sugar.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a dab of meringue on four corners of baking sheet and press paper on top to hold it down flat.
- To make striped kisses, turn piping bag inside out and use a pastry brush to paint on 6 stripes of rose pink food colouring. Roll the bag so the painted side is inside and carefully spoon in meringue mixture so it is packed in tightly.
- Snip off the tip of the piping bag and pipe kisses on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 110C for 1 hour or until the kisses easily be lifted off the parchment paper with bases intact.
- Leave to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.