85g fuchok (fried beancurd stick) (soaked until soften, sectioned and drained)
30g dried oyster (soaked until soften and drained)
30g shelled gingko nut
150g Beijing cabbage (cut into big pieces)
3 red bird’s eye chillies (flattened)
40g glass noodles (soaked until soften and drained)
4 pieces foo yee (white fermented beancurd)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp lard
1 cup water
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
1 tsp potato starch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Heat up a non-stick wok with 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Saute the chopped garlic and foo yee until fragrant.
- Add in water and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add in dried oyster, gingko nut, fuchok, red bird’s eye chillies and Beijing cabbage, bring to a boil and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in glass noodles, stir to combine.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch solution.
- Add in lard, stir to combine.
- Dish out and serve.