750g chicken pieces (rinsed, drained and pat-dry with paper towel)
6 cloves garlic (peeled and sliced)
1 big onion (peeled and sliced)
2 red chillies (seeded and cut into wedges)
2 stalk lemongrass (white part only, flattened)
3 pieces kaffir lime leaves (halved)
2 sprigs curry leaves (discard the stem)
3 tbsp cooking oil
100ml evaporated milk
1 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Pan-fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on all sides. Remove and drained.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the sliced garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add in red chillies, lemongrass, kaffie lime leaves and curry leaves. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in water, seasonings and pan-fried chicken pieces. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low, covered and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Dish out and serve.