240g asparagus (trimmed and sectioned)
4 nos water chestnut (peeled and sliced)
1/3 carrot (cut into flower design)
20g almond flakes
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
½ tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
½ tsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ tsp lard
¼ tsp chicken seasoning powder
1 tbsp water
1 tsp potato starch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Heat up a wok on low heat with 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add in almond flakes, saute until pale golden. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in asparagus, water chestnut, carrot and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch solution.
- Dish out to a serving platter, garnish with almond flakes. Serve.