4 pcs (600g) pork chops
400g potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
1 carrot (peeled and cut into chunks)
8 shallots (peeled and chopped)
4 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
2 stalks lemongrass (white part only, flattened)
2 sprigs curry leaves (discard stem)
1 cup water
½ cup evaporated milk
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
½ tsp salt
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
- Pound pork chops with a meat pounder to make it tender.
- Marinade the pork chops with salt, extra virgin sesame oil, corn starch and egg. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat up a wok with adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the potatoes and carrot until golden brown and soft. Remove and drained.
- Deep-fry the marinated pork chops until golden brown. Remove and drained.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the wok. Saute the chopped shallot and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in lemongrass and curry leaves, saute until fragrant.
- Add in water and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Add in deep-fried pork chops, potatoes and carrot. Stir to combine and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in evaporated milk, stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Dish out and serve.