Ingredients: (for 11cm x 9 ½ cm x 21cm non-stick Pullman loaf pan)
360g bread flour
24g caster sugar
12g full cream milk powder
6g instant dried yeast
24g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
- In a small bowl, add in ¼ cup of water together with instant dry yeast. Stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, caster sugar, full cream milk powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and gradually add in the remaining water to knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and knead until everything is well incorporated.
- Add in soften unsalted butter, knead until the dough become soft and elastic.
- Transfer the dough in a bowl and place in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and divide the dough into four equal portions and shape into balls.
- Put the dough into the non-stick Pullman loaf pan side by side.
- Place the Pullman loaf pan in the cold over for 2nd round of proofing until the dough rises to ¾ of the height of the pan.
- Covered with lid and bake at 200C for 45 minutes.
- Remove the Pullman loaf pan from the oven and remove the bread immediately from the pan.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing.