500g sliced rice cake (soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained)
10g peeled anchovy
4g dried kelp
1 tbsp soy sauce for soup
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
Ground beef sauce:
150g ground beef
½ onion (chopped)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp cooking oil
¼ cup anchovy broth
2 tbsp soy sauce for soup
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
4g seasoned roasted seaweed (cut into small pieces)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Anchovy broth:
- Rinse and drained the peeled anchovy and dried kelp.
- Add peeled anchovy, dried kelp and 1500ml of water into a medium pot. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 30 minutes. Discard the peeled anchovy and dried kelp. Set aside.
- Ground beef sauce:
- Heat up a saucepan with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Add in ground beef, saute until no longer pink.
- Add in chopped onion and garlic, saute until fragrant.
- Add in ¼ cup of anchovy broth, soy sauce for soup and coarsely ground black pepper. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Bring the anchovy broth to a boil. Season with soy sauce for soup, salt and ground white pepper.
- Add in sliced rice cake and continue to cook until tender and soft.
- Ladle adequate portion of rice cakes and anchovy broth into individual serving bowl. Top with some ground beef sauce, seasoned roasted seaweed, chopped spring onion and toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.