2 chicken whole legs (454g) (chopped into pieces)
15g cloud ear fungus (soaked until soften, discard the tough core and cut into pieces)
60g shallot (peeled and sliced)
1 stalk lemongrass (white part only, chopped)
2 sprigs curry leaves (discard the stem)
80g minced pork
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 red bird’s eye chilli (flattened)
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
¼ cup cooking oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tsp cooking caramel
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
2 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp potato starch mixed with 1 tbsp water
1 stalk spring onion (shredded)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with light soy sauce and tapioca starch and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with ¼ cup of cooking oil. Pan-fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove and drained.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the sliced shallot until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drained.
- Leave 1 tbsp of oil in the skillet. Saute the chopped garlic and minced pork until fragrant.
- Add in chopped lemongrass and curry leaves. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in pan-fried chicken pieces, stir to combine.
- Add in water, seasonings and cloud ear fungus. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer until the cloud ear fungus turn soft.
- Add in fried shallot and red bird’s eye chilli. Stir to combine.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch solution.
- Add in extra virgin sesame oil, stir to combine.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with shredded spring onion. Serve.