1 ½ cup cooked short grain rice
½ cup homemade kimchi (chopped)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped the white part and shredded the green part for garnishing)
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ tbsp gochujang
½ tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
½ tsp toasted black sesame seeds
- Heat up an 8-inch non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the white part of spring onion and chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in chopped kimchi and seasonings, saute until fragrant.
- Add in cooked short grain rice. Constantly stirring until well combined.
- Push the kimchi fried rice in the middle and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese surrounding the rice.
- Once the cheese are melted. Turn off heat.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Pan-fry a sunny side up egg and place on top of the kimchi fried rice.
- Garnish with shredded spring onion, white and black toasted sesame seeds. Serve.