218g soybean sprout (kongnamul) (trimmed)
125g Korean sweet potato starch noodles (dangmyeon)
50g shredded carrot
½ red chilli (seeded and shredded)
2 stalk spring onion (sectioned)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 cups water
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add in soybean sprout, continue to cook until tender crisp. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Use the remaining water to cook the sweet potato starch noodles. Use chopstick to stir constantly until the noodles absorb most of the water and become soft and translucent. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in shredded carrot, red chilli and white part of spring onion, saute until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings, sweet potato starch noodles, soybean sprout and green part of spring onion. Toss well.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.