1.5kg half-ripe banana
½ tbsp salt
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
- Combine salt with water, stir well and set aside.
- Peel the bananas and soak in the salt water.
- Use a mandoline slicer to slice the bananas and soak in the salt water. Repeat the process until all bananas has been sliced. Soak the sliced bananas for 5 more minutes. Drain well.
- Heat up a wok with adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the banana slices on batches at medium high heat until crispy and golden brown. Use a chopstick to stir occasionally for even browning.
- Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Leave to cool completely before serving and remaining to be kept in an air-tight container.
- Optional: You might want to toss the banana crisps with some salt just before serving.