5 chicken wings (deboned)
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
Seasonings: (mixed well)
2 tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
3 tbsp gochugaru (Korean hot pepper flakes)
2 tbsp plum sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 tbsp mirin
½ tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp water
2 cups cooked rice
2 slices bacon (cut into strips)
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp cooking oil
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the deboned chicken wings. Marinate the chicken wings with Chinese cooking wine, salt and ground white pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the chopped onion and bacon strips until fragrant.
- Push the onion and bacon aside. Add in egg, scramble till half-cooked.
- Add in cooked rice, constantly stirring until well combined.
- Add in chopped spring onion. Toss well.
- Remove and set aside to cool completely before stuff in the marinated deboned chicken wings.
- Stuff the marinated chicken wings with fried rice and seal the end with toothpick.
- Heat up a non-stick skiilet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Pan-fry the stuffed fried rice chicken wings until cooked.
- Remove the stuffed chicken wings and use paper towel to wipe dry the skillet.
- Add in the seasonings ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low, add in the stuffed chicken wings and use a silicone brush to brush the seasonings evenly on each piece and pan-fry the stuffed chicken wings till fragrant.
- Dish out and serve.