1.5kg chicken whole legs (rinsed and drained)
310g huai shan (Chinese yam) (peeled and sliced)
10 red dates (pitted)
1 whole garlic (peeled)
2 slices dang gui
1 tbsp qi zi
1 tsp salt
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 stalk spring onion (shredded)
- Add 2000ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in chicken whole legs, red dates, garlic and dang gui. Bring to a boil again and turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in huai shan, continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in qi zi, continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the excess fat and season with salt, extra virgin sesame oil and Chinese cooking wine.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with shredded spring onion. Serve.