250g all-purpose flour
1 tbsp dried shrimps (rinsed, drained and pounded till fine)
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp thick coconut milk
2 tbsp water
3 sprigs curry leaves (discard stems, rinsed, drained and pat-dry with paper towel)
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp curry powder
1 ½ tsp cumin powder
1 ½ tsp fennel powder
- In a mixing bowl, add in all-purpose flour, pounded dried shrimps, salt, chilli powder, garlic powder, curry powder, cumin powder and fennel powder. Mix to combine.
- Add in egg, margarine, thick coconut milk and water. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the dough onto a working surface. Knead until everything are well incorporated.
- Take a pinch of the dough, press it on a grooved board to get the imprints, then using the index finger to push it away from you, the piece of dough will roll up forming the shape of a seashell. Repeat the process until all the dough has been used up.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the kuih siput on medium high heat in batches together with the curry leaves until golden brown.
- Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Leave to cool completely before serving.
- Remaining to be kept in air-tight container.