8 chicken drumsticks (926g)
40 garlic cloves (skin removed)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 ¼ cup white wine
3 sprigs fresh thyme + more for garnishing
2 tsp all-purpose flour
3 tbsp heavy cream
2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp demerara sugar
1 tbsp honey
- Rinse, drained and pat-dry the chicken drumstick with paper towel.
- Marinate the chicken drumstick with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of unsalted butter on medium high heat. Add in the marinated chicken drumstick and pan-fry until all sides are brown. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the garlic cloves until golden brown.
- Add in white wine, fresh thyme, demerara sugar and honey and bring to a boil.
- Add in the chicken drumstick, continue to simmer on low heat until fully cooked through. Remove the chicken drumstick and set aside.
- Stir in all-purpose flour, heavy cream and freshly grated lemon zest. Bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Add back the chicken drumstick and toss to coat. Serve.