Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.maangchi.com
Ingredients: (serves 2)
125g shimeji mushroom (discard the bottom and separate by hands)
100g enoki mushroom (discard the bottom and separate by hands)
45g straw mushroom
25g shiitake mushroom (discard the stem and slice the caps)
110g beef brisket (cut into small pieces)
½ medium onion (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
¼ carrot (sliced)
¼ cup perilla seeds powder
1 ½ tsp glutinous rice flour
30g Asian chives (cut into 2-inch long)
1 ½ tsp fish sauce
½ tsp salt
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
- Combine the perilla seeds powder, glutinous rice flour, and ¼ cup of water in a bowl. Mix it well and set aside.
- Heat up a heavy pot and add the extra virgin sesame oil, beef brisket and minced garlic. Stir for 2 minutes with a wooden spoon until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add 2 cups of water, the mushrooms, onion, and carrot. Cover and let it cook over medium high heat for 15 minutes.
- Open and stir. Cover and lower the heat to low, then cook for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in the fish sauce, salt, and the perilla seeds mixture. The broth will turn slightly thick and milky. Cover and let it cook for a minute over medium high heat.
- Add the chives and stir until the chives are slightly cooked.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.