Ingredients: (makes one 4 x 8-inch loaf)
400g bread flour
185ml full cream milk
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp instant dried yeast
30g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
- In a small bowl, add in water and instant dried yeast. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, honey, full cream milk and salt. Use a wooden spoon to stir to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture. Stir to become a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough on a working surface. Knead until everything are well incorporated.
- Add in soften unsalted butter, knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and place in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and divide into 3 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough with a rolling pin into an oval shape. Fold 1/3 from top edge to the middle and press. Then fold 1/3 from bottom to the middle and press. Turn seal downward. Roll flat and stretch to about 12-inch in length. With seal upward, roll into a cylinder. With seal facing down, place in the pre-greased 4×8-inch loaf pan to have the 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Brush the loaf lightly with full cream milk. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the pan immediately and transfer it onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.