Ingredients: (makes 6 waffles)
114g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
168g caster sugar
2 large eggs
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
26g cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
250g fresh strawberries (hulled and sliced)
1 tbsp icing sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add in soften unsalted butter and caster sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add in eggs and pure vanilla extract, whisk to combine.
- Add in all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt and water, whisk to combine.
- Heat up a waffle machine and generously spray the plate with cooking spray.
- Scoop adequate amount of the mixture and spread evenly on the bottom plate and make sure the entire area is covered but without spilling over the side of the plate.
- Close the appliance and let the waffle cooked until lightly golden, approximately 3 to 3 ½ minutes.
- Open the appliance and remove the waffles. Repeat the same process until all the mixture are used up.
- Transfer the waffles onto a serving platter, top with sliced strawberries and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve.