1 ½ tbsp thick pandan juice
½ tsp pandan paste
280ml thick coconut milk
5 large eggs
250g caster sugar
30g caster sugar
1 tbsp water
- In a mixing bowl, add in eggs and caster sugar, whisk to combine.
- Add in thick pandan juice, pandan paste and thick coconut milk. Whisk to combine.
- Strain the mixture into the inner pot of the double boiler and set aside.
- Fill adequate water into the outer pot of the double boiler, cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium, place the inner pot with the mixture into the outer pot of the double boiler.
- Constantly stirring until the mixture become slightly thicken.
- Cover the lid and turn heat to low and continue to double-boiled for 1 hour.
- Add caster sugar in a non-stick saucepan over low heat until sugar starts to melt. Add in water, continue to cook until it becomes caramel.
- Add the caramel into kaya. Mix well.
- Transfer the kaya into a bowl and leave to cool completely.
- Using a hand blender to blend until the kaya is smooth.
- Fill the kaya into clean jars and keep refrigerate for later use.