Tested Recipe Adapted from www.maangchi.com
225g cod fillet (cut into chunks)
113g squid (cleaned, rinsed and chopped)
113g shrimp (shelled, deveined, rinsed and drained)
2 cloves garlic
½ medium onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp cooking oil + more for deep-frying
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup potato starch
1 large egg white
- Add cod fillet, squid, shrimp, garlic, onion, salt, sugar, ground white pepper, 1 tbsp of cooking oil, all-purpose flour, potato starch and egg white into a food processor. Blend for a couple of minutes until the mixture turns into a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying in a skillet over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium.
- Brush some cooking oil on a large and wide, rectangular spatula. Spread about ¼ cup of the fish paste to the spatula with a knife. Use your knife to carefully roll the paste into a cylinder, and gently slide it into the hot oil.
- Repeat shaping and pushing the fish mixture to hot oil. 3 to 4 sticks in the skillet, and be sure not to crowd them. Stir the fish cakes occasionally to fry all sides evenly. Let them cook about 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat until golden brown. Take the fish cakes out and put them in a strainer over small bowl. Pat the fish cakes with paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Serve hot as a snack right away. For later use, cool it down and put it into a plastic bag. Keep the bag into a fridge up to 1 week or freezer up to 3 months.