Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.maangchi.com
225g homemade fish cakes (sliced into thin pieces)
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ medium onion (thinly sliced)
¼ carrot (thinly sliced)
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 green chilli (sliced diagonally)
1 spring onion (sliced)
2 tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
1 tbsp rice syrup
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tsp of cooking oil and the sliced fish cakes. Stir them with a wooden spoon for a few minutes until light golden brown.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, and green chilli, and keep stirring for a few minutes until the onion looks a little translucent.
- Turn the heat down to low. Push the fish cakes and vegetables to the edge of the pan with a wooden spoon to clear out a spot in the middle of the pan.
- Add 1 tsp of cooking oil, gochujang, and rice syrup to the center of the pan. Mix well for a few seconds, and then mix in the fish cakes and the vegetables from the edges of the pan.
- Remove it from heat. Add spring onion, extra virgin sesame oil, and sprinkle some toasted white sesame seeds on top.
- Serve with rice.