100g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
50g all-purchase flour
50g ground almond
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
For the glaze:
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp water
¼ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Add soften unsalted butter and caster sugar in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer to beat until combined.
- Add in eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh thyme leaves, beat until combined.
- Add in all-purpose flour, ground almond and baking powder, beat until combined.
- Divide the batter equally into 6 holes mini cakes silicone mold and bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add in caster sugar, lemon juice, water and thyme leaves in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until sugar dissolved. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Remove the mini cakes from the oven, unmold cakes on wire rack and drizzle the glaze all over.
- Leave to cool completely before serving.