Ingredients: (makes 10 biscuits)
1 cup all-purpose flour + more for dusting
1 ½ tbsp caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp baking powder
55g unsalted butter
90ml full cream milk
25g shredded cheddar cheese
½ tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all-purpose flour, caster sugar, salt, cream of tartar and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in unsalted butter, using a pastry cutter to cut in butter until it is the size of peas.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and add in full cream milk, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh thyme into the bowl. Gently mix until a soft dough forms.
- Pat out the dough on a floured surface to ¾-inch thick. Using a 2-inch round cutter to cut into circles and place on a lined baking sheet 2-inch apart from each other.
- Bake at preheated oven at 220C for 10 minutes, or until the bottoms of the biscuits are golden brown.