Ingredients: (makes 12 cheddar cheese puffs)
57g unsalted butter
¼ tsp salt
½ cup water
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs (beaten)
62g shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- In a saucepan, add the unsalted butter, salt and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn heat to low and add the all-purpose flour. Stir rapidly. The mixture will form a dough ball that will pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the dough into a mixing bowl and let the dough cool for a couple of minutes. Stir so that the dough cools more evenly.
- Gradually add in the beaten eggs, stirring after each addition until the eggs are incorporated into the dough.
- Stir in the grated cheddar cheese, chopped fresh thyme and ground white pepper.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Spoon out a heaping tbsp of the dough onto a silpat lined baking sheet, with 2-inch spacing from each other.
- Bake at 220C for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 180C and bake for another 20 minutes, until puffed up and lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.