600g young cabbage
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp doenjang (Korean fermented bean paste)
2 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
½ tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Trim off the roots from the cabbage. Wash thoroughly until there is no sand in the water.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp of salt. Quick blanch the cabbage until the stem turn tender crisp. Remove the cabbage from the pot and shock in cold water to stop cooking.
- Drain and squeeze out water. Cut into 2-inch lengths.
- Add the seasonings. Put on a disposable glove and mix everything by hand.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.