200g Korean rice cake (stick type) (soaked in water for 10 minutes and drained)
2 slices streaky bacon (cut into pieces)
1 tbsp cooking oil
¼ onion (thinly sliced)
1 tsp chopped garlic
¼ red bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
¼ cup full cream milk
¼ cup heavy cream
1 ½ tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup frozen green peas (rinsed and drained)
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the bacon pieces until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the sliced onion and chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in red bell pepper, lightly sautéed.
- Add in full cream milk, heavy cream and rice cake. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer until the rice cake turn soft.
- Add in grated parmesan cheese, stir to combine.
- Add in chopped fresh parsley and frozen green peas, stir to combine.
- Season with coarsely ground black pepper and salt.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, top with the crispy bacon. Serve immediately.