310g boneless & skinless chicken breast
½ English cucumber (thinly sliced)
½ tsp salt
40g red radish (thinly sliced)
¼ onion (thinly sliced)
For poaching chicken:
¼ onion (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp cooking wine
2 slices young ginger
2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds (coarsely ground)
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- In a sauce pan, add the chicken breast and all the other poaching ingredients, pour water to cover all. Bring to low heat and poach the chicken for 20 minutes. Take the chicken out and discard the rest.
- When the chicken is cold enough to handle. Shred into bite sized pieces.
- Mix the cucumber slices with ½ tsp of salt and set aside for 15 minutes to extract the moist. Squeeze dried and set aside.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the shredded chicken, sliced cucumber, red radish, onion and sesame dressing into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with some toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.