2 cups + 2 tbsp bread flour
½ cup full cream milk
2 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1 egg (beaten)
2 tbsp unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
1 ½ tsp instant dried yeast
8 pieces hot dogs
½ cup whole kernel corn
½ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced green bell pepper
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 ½ tsp dried parsley
½ cup tomato ketchup
- In a bowl, add in full cream milk and caster sugar. Stir until sugar dissolved.
- Add in instant dried yeast. Stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place bread flour, salt and beaten egg in a mixing bowl. Mix to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Add in yeast mixture. Stir to combine and knead to a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough on a working surface. Knead until everything are well incorporated.
- Add in soften unsalted butter. Knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a bowl and leave it in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, add in whole kernel corn, diced onion, green bell pepper, mayonnaise, sugar and salt in a bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Deflate the dough and divide into 8 equal portion and shape into balls.
- Preheat oven at 190C.
- Roll a dough ball into 4 x 6-inch rectangle. Place a hot dog on the edge of the rolled dough. Roll up the hot dog in the dough tightly. Pinch together both ends and seams. Roll the hot dogs in the dough to help smooth the edge.
- Cut the hot dog roll into ½ inch slices on a cutting board. Make sure that the hot dog is cut all the way through, but do not cut through the bottom of the dough.
- Rotate each slice to lay flat on the cutting board. Place the odd slices to the left, and the even slices to the right of the centre line. Transfer the sausage bread onto a lined baking sheet with silicone baking mat. Repeat this process for the remaining dough.
- Take 1 tbsp of the corn mixture and spread it evenly over the centre of the bread.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of mozzarella cheese on top of the corn mixture. Follow by dried parsley. Drizzle some tomato ketchup over the top. Repeat this process for the remaining of the ingredients.
- Bake at 190C for 20 minutes or until become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on wire rack before serving.