1 x 1.3kg whole chicken (cleaned and cut into pieces)
180g black poplar mushroom (trimmed the bottom and separate by hands)
10 red dates (pitted)
20g Solomonseal Rhizome
1 tbsp wolfberry
1 ½ tsp salt
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- Add 2000ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in chicken pieces, red dates and solomonseal rhizome. Bring to a boil and turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour. Remove the excess fat.
- Add in black poplar mushroom, continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in wolfberry, bring to a boil.
- Season with salt.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve.