1 cup short grain rice
350g orange sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 cup water + more for soaking the rice
Seasoning sauce: (mixed well)
½ cup chopped spring onion
¼ tsp chopped garlic
¼ cup light soy sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp gochugaru (Korean hot pepper flakes)
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Rinse the short grain rice once and place in a bowl and soak in water enough to cover the rice for 30 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, rinse and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Drain the water and transfer the rice to a steaming plate.
- Add in sweet potatoes and 1 cup of water.
- Steam at preheated steamer until cooked.
- Remove the rice from the steamer, use a wooden spoon to fluff the rice so that it mix well with the sweet potatoes.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve with seasoning sauce.