Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.koreanbapsang.com
Pine nut dressing:
4 tbsp pine nuts (tip removed)
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp water
1 tsp hot mustard powder
1 tbsp caster sugar
¼ tsp chopped garlic
¼ tsp salt
340g boneless & skinless chicken breast
½ medium onion
1 stalk celery
3 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
6 red radishes (thinly sliced)
- To make the dressing, toast the pine nuts in a pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. This will enhance the flavour. Grind the pine nuts in a blender. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and blend well. Refrigerate while preparing the chicken and vegetables.
- In a medium size pot, bring 5 cups of water and the aromatic vegetables to a simmer over medium heat. Add the chicken breast and simmer over medium low heat for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken and allow it to cool. When cool enough to handle, shred and lightly season with salt. Refrigerate while preparing vegetables.
- Wash salad vegetables in ice water and drain.
- Combine the shredded chicken with the dressing.
- Line a bed of rocket in a serving bowl. Place the chicken salad in the middle and arrange the red radishes surrounding the chicken salad. Serve.