Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.beyondkimchee.com
310g Japanese sweet potatoes (steamed, peeled and mashed)
273g glutinous rice flour
38g all-purpose flour
60g caster sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 cup + 2 tbsp full cream milk
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
¼ cup caster sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine glutinous rice flour, all-purpose flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add in mashed sweet potatoes to the flour mixture and rub together until the flours become fine crumbs.
- Slowly add in full cream milk (1/4 cup each time) to the mixture and mix together with a spoon first, then using hand bring the dough together to form a ball shape. The amount of milk depends on the moisture level of your sweet potatoes. It should resemble the bread dough consistency.
- Make them into 1-inch balls with the dough.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying in a wok over medium low heat. Drop a few dough balls and start rolling with a metal utensil to brown them evenly.
- Transfer the donuts to a plate lined with paper towel to remove extra oil on the surface. Roll them in cinnamon sugar to coat evenly all over. Serve warm or at room temperature.