300g Korean rice cakes (stick type) (soaked in water for 10 minutes and drained)
100g fish cakes (sliced)
60g cabbage (sliced)
40g carrot (sliced)
30g onion (sliced)
Black bean sauce:
1 tbsp fermented black bean (rinsed and drained)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking caramel
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ tsp concentrated chicken stock
1 tsp caster sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
¼ cup water
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the fermented black bean and chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in light soy sauce, cooking caramel, Chinese cooking wine, extra virgin sesame oil, concentrated chicken stock, caster sugar, ground white pepper and water. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add in onion, cabbage and carrot. Stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add in fish cakes and rice cakes. Turn heat to low. Stir to combine and continue to simmer until the rice cakes turn soft and absorb most of the sauce.
- Dish out to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped spring onion and toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.