Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.koreanbapsang.com
Ingredients: (serves 4)
120g beef brisket
90g Korean starch noodles (soaked in water for 20 minutes)
2 spring onion
1 tbsp soy sauce for soup
½ tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Thinly slice the beef brisket into short strips and marinade with soy sauce for soup and chopped garlic. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, and slice into half-moon shapes (about 1/3-inch thick). Slice the tofu into ½-inch thick pieces. Cut the spring onion into 2-inch lengths.
- In a medium pot, saute the marinated beef until all the pieces turn brown.
- Pour in 6 cups of water, and bring it to a boil. Skim off the foam. Reduce the heat to medium high and continue to boil, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, salt and ground white pepper. Bring it to a boil, and cook until potatoes are cooked, about 5 minutes. Drop the tofu and starch noodles in, and boil for an additional one minute.
- Add the spring onion. Dish out and serve hot with rice.