10g bamboo charcoal powder
340g bread flour
35g caster sugar
30g full cream milk powder
1 ¼ tsp instant dried yeast
30g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
- In a small bowl, add in ¼ cup of water together with the instant dried yeast. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bamboo charcoal powder, bread flour, caster sugar, salt and full cream milk powder. Mix to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and gradually add in adequate water to mix until become a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface, knead until everything are well incorporated and add in the remaining water gradually.
- Add in soften unsalted butter, knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and place in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and divide into 3 equal portion and shape into balls.
- Roll out each balls into an oval shape. Fold 1/3 from top edge to the middle and press. Then fold 1/3 from bottom to the middle and press.
- Turn seal downward. Roll flat and stretch to about 8-inch in length. With seal upward, roll into a cylinder. With seal facing down, place in the pre-greased 8×4-inch loaf pan and transfer to the cold oven to have the 2nd round of proofing until doubled in sized.
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.