250g Korean rice cake (stick type) (soaked in water for 10 minutes and drained)
100g fish cake (sliced)
50g shredded mozzarella cheese
½ spring onion (white part, sectioned)
½ medium onion (sliced)
5g peeled anchovy
2g dried kelp
1 ½ cup water
2 tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
1 ½ tsp gochugaru (Korean hot pepper flakes)
1 ½ tsp caster sugar
½ spring onion (green part, chopped)
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Add peeled anchovy, dried kelp and water into an 8-inch oven safe skillet and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Discard the anchovy and dried kelp.
- Add in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add in rice cake, fish cake, white part of spring onion and sliced onion. Stir to combine and continue to simmer until the rice cake turn soft and the sauce become thickens.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the rice cake and bake at the oven at 200C for few minutes until cheese melted.
- Remove from oven, garnish with chopped spring onion and toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.