780g napa cabbage (cut into 3-inch pieces)
15g peeled anchovy
3 tbsp doenjang (Korean soybean paste)
1 tsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
1 tbsp soy sauce for soup
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
2 stalk spring onion (cut into 2-inch long)
1 tsp chopped garlic
- Add 2000ml of water and peeled anchovy to a pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Discard the anchovy.
- Add in doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce for soup. Stir to combine.
- Add in napa cabbage and continue to simmer on medium high heat until the napa cabbage turn soft.
- Add in spring onion and chopped garlic and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Dish out and serve with rice and kimchi.