1.2kg chicken pieces
490g potatoes (peeled and cut into thick slices)
50g garlic (peeled and sliced)
1 tbsp bean paste
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp cooking caramel
¼ tsp ground white pepper
½ tsp potato starch mixed with 2 tsp water
1 red chilli (sliced)
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the sliced garlic and bean paste until fragrant.
- Add in chicken pieces and sliced potatoes. Stir to combine.
- Add in seasonings. Stir to combine. Cover and continue to simmer until the potatoes turn soft.
- Thicker the sauce with potato starch solution.
- Dish out to a serving bowl. Garnish with sliced red chilli.
- Serve hot with rice.