1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
1 ¾ cups bread flour
¼ cup honey
¼ cup full cream milk powder
¼ cup canola oil
1 ¼ tsp salt
2 ½ tsp instant dried yeast
1 cup water
- Add the instant dried yeast and ¼ cup of water in a small bowl. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in whole wheat flour, bread flour, honey, full cream milk, canola oil and salt. Stir to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture, stir to combine and gradually add in the remaining water to form a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough on a working surface and continue to knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a bowl and transfer to the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and shape into 8-inch log and place the dough into a pre-greased 8×4-inch loaf pan and transfer to the cold oven for 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, unmould immediately and leave to cool completely before slicing.