420g boneless & skinless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 red chilli (seeded and chopped)
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 egg (beaten)
½ cup corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
Seasonings: (mixed well)
¼ cup plum sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and ground white pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl, add in beaten egg, corn starch and baking powder. Stir to combine to become thick batter.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces into the batter and mix to combine.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the chicken pieces until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drained.
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil into a non-stick skillet, saute the chopped young ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add in deep-fry chicken pieces, toss to coat until the chicken pieces absorb most of the sauce.
- Add in chopped spring onion and red chilli. Toss well.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.