Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.beyondkimchee.com
10 stalks green onions (cut into 2-inch long)
250g shrimps (shelled and deveined)
2 red chillies (thinly sliced)
1 ¼ cup cake flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 large egg
1 cup + 2 tbsp ice water
Adequate cooking oil
Dipping sauce: (mixed well)
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp gochugaru (Korean hot pepper flakes)
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, salt and ground black pepper. Add ice water and egg, and whisk until just combined.
- Add the green onions, shrimps and red chillies to the bowl, toss well to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add ¼ cup of batter to the skillet and spread out thinly. Sear the pancakes 3-4 minutes until the edges seems to form a crust, flip to the other side.
- Add more oil if the skillet seems dry. You should see the golden brown crust. Sear the other side of pancakes for another 3 minutes until golden as well. Repeat the process until all the batter has been used up.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.