Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.koreanbapsang.com
600g boneless & skinless chicken whole legs
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp gochugaru (Korean hot pepper flakes)
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp pineapple juice
1 tbsp extra virgin sesame oil
¼ cup grated onion
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp grated young ginger
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 zucchini (cut into ¼ inch slices)
2 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 onion (cut into ring)
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped scallions
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Rinse chicken pieces. Drain. Trim off excess fat. Cut each chicken whole legs in half crosswise. Cut open any thick parts.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Coat the chicken with the marinade. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill over medium high heat. When hot, add the marinated chicken pieces. Cook until cooked through and slightly caramelized, about 4 to 6 minutes each side.
- Mix the zucchini and onion with seasonings and grill until tender crisp.
- To serve: arrange the spicy grilled chicken on a serving platter, garnish with chopped scallions and toasted white sesame seeds. Serve with grilled zucchini and onions.