Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from http://www.beyondkimchee.com
200g rice cakes (stick type)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 ½ tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp minced garlic
1 ½ tsp sweet chilli sauce
1 ½ tsp honey
1 tbsp water
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- Blanch the rice cakes in boiling water until soften, remove, drained and wipe off the water with paper towel.
- Insert the skewers through 3 rice cakes each.
- In a small bowl, combine gochujang, tomato ketchup, minced garlic, sweet chilli sauce, honey, water and ground black pepper. Mix well. Pour the sauce in a small skillet and boil for 1 minute until slightly thicken. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry the rice cake skewers until crisp an bubbly on the surface, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush with the sauce and sprinkle the chopped roasted peanuts over.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.