1 cup gold flax seed (ground)
2 cups bread flour
2 tbsp full cream milk powder
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp instant dried yeast
1 cup water
- In a small bowl, add in ¼ cup of water and instant dried yeast. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in ground gold flax seed, bread flour, full cream milk powder, canola oil, caster sugar and salt. Whisk to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture, and gradually add in the remaining water to form a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface. Continue to knead until everything become well incorporated and the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and place in cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and shape into a 7-inch loaf. Place the loaf into a pre-greased 7×4-inch loaf pan and transfer to the cold oven for 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave on wire rack to cool completely before slicing.